Thursday, August 16, 2012

magic from across the causeway

I think I’ve mentioned before how much I adore Malaysian weddings.

I cannot figure out whether it’s the awesome quality of their decorations, their fantastic photography, their gorgeous andaman or a potent mix of everything but I’ve seen so many Malaysian weddings that are seriously made of nothing but pure love and magic.

Malaysians are way far ahead from us when it comes to weddings ok! They are also more advanced when it comes to baju kurung styles and TV commercials but this entry will never end if I start raving about them.

I am also in awe at how these Malaysian weddings can somehow strike the right balance between the old and the new: No matter how modern their decorations or concepts are, their weddings will still feel and look like how a Malay wedding should feel and look like. It’s ah-mazing.

The reason why I brought this up again is because I’m now trying to gather more ideas and inspiration from Malaysian weddings! It was good exercise to get fun and fresh inspiration from omputeh weddings, but now that we’re more or less a year away from our appointments with our wedding vendors, I want to get inspiration and firm up ideas which are more realistic! And since across the causeway dah ada banyak ideas yang comel comel belaka, why not start from there kan!

Let’s start with these cantik pictures of cantik decor with cantik people in them, as captured by super good Malaysian photographer Azim Puch:



And I quite like the idea of this!!! What do you call that? Lanterns? Lace-covered lights?


And how cute is this seh?! I am sooo gonna make Bliss Photocinema do something like that for us. Indulge me, please!!!

(Anddd how cool is this themed photoshoot yang ada storyline?! Caya lah.)

SIIIIIGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Makes me wonder whether I should have engaged Malaysian vendors for my wedding.

Or maybe I should hold my wedding in Malaysia.

Or maybe I should kahwin a Malaysian dude instead.

(Kalau kahwin Malaysian, tak mintak banyak ah, cuma mintak kahwin dengan Shaheizy Sam je ah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment